Our team has trained numerous professionals, government officials, diplomats, academicians, students and community members on skills necessary for the peaceful resolution of conflicts, especially dialogue, dialogue facilitation, negotiations and mediation. In addition, we trained trainers to conduct such trainings using the training manuals and guides that we have produced in English and Arabic.
Our courses and workshops are notorious for their relevance to the realities of our participants, their interactiveness, and their proven record of effecting lasting change on the personal and professional levels.
Dialogue, Negotiations & Mediation Course
The purpose of this course is to develop students’ knowledge of theories and concepts related to negotiations and mediation, and to develop their practical skills to apply them effectively in different settings and conflict situations.
This course will focus on providing students with comprehensive understanding of theories and concepts related to negotiations and mediation as two of the most prominent methods of intervention in conflict situations. The course will also concentrate on providing students with practical applications and with skills for conducting negotiations and mediation. A strong emphasis throughout the course will be on the cultural factors influencing the logic and application of negotiations and mediation. The course will rely on the use of practical exercises, roleplays and simulations in order to build students’ skills and illustrate cultural factors influencing negotiations and mediation.
Dialogue, Facilitation, Negotiations & Mediation Training
Tailored to the needs of different communities and organizations, this workshop provides concrete skills, supported by foundational knowledge, on examining negative emotions, attitudes and behavior during conflicts, and the benefit to self and others from resorting to non-violent and peaceful behaviors, including communication. The workshop then provides culturally sensitive processes and techniques for effective facilitation, negotiations and mediation in different settings. Consistent with In Peace, Amr’s values and principles, this workshop is conducted in the most interactive and participatory manner, with skillfully-crafted roleplays and simulation that reflect real-life situations relevant to each workshop audience.
Below is a list of some of the workshops conducted by the In Peace, Amr team over the past few years, followed by pictures and videos from the workshops:
- Training Workshop on Mediation for Civil Society and Community Members. Masriyati Association. March 2020. Cairo, Egypt.
- Training of Trainer Workshop on teaching Peace and Conflict Studies for Iraqi University Professors. Amal Association and DanMission. February 2020. Erbil, Kurdistan-Iraq.
- Training Workshops on Conflict Analysis and Resolution for Ethiopian Government Officials. The World Bank and Global Learning and Research Center (GLRC). December 2019- February 2020. Dubai, UAE.
- Training Workshops on Conflict Analysis and Resolution for Civil Society and Community Members. The One Light Institute. July and November 2019. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training Workshops on Conflict Analysis and Resolution for Civil Society and Community Members. Masriyati Association. October 2019. Cairo, Egypt.
- Training of Trainer Workshop on teaching Peace and Conflict Studies for Iraqi University Professors. Amal Association and DanMission. October 2018. Erbil, Kurdistan-Iraq.